Australian Ashes Team 2013
The Australian team, who will be looking to win the Ashes back, will be captained by Michael Clarke. Australia's star batsman has been part of the set-up for some time now and he officially replaced Ponting as Test and ODI captain in 2011. Clarke had been the Twenty20 captain prior to that but he has quit the shortest form of the game to focus on his Test game, with revenge very much on his mind against England. Clarke has taken on a tough job after several high profile players retired but Australia have shown signs of improvement during the past 18 months and they will be hopeful of regaining that famous urn.
The Australians boast an impressive battery of fast bowlers who will be hoping to unleash havoc on the English batsman during the Ashes. The likes of Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson and Pat Cummins will be battling it out for a place in the starting XI and betting on who will be the top Australian bowler in the Ashes could be very interesting.
The batting line-up isn't quite as strong and Clarke is likely to be a short odds favourite in the top Australian batsman betting. Clarke will be a key wicket and the Australian captain will be hoping that David Warner can fire at the top of the order, while Ed Cowan provides some much needed solidity.
Australia Ashes Squad 2013
Michael Clarke (C), Brad Haddin (VC), Jackson Bird, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson
- Essex v Hampshire T20 Odds Carberry can power the visitors to victory at Chelmsford
- Kent v Somerset T20 Odds Hildreth is a tempting bet to be top batsman at Canterbury
- England v India 2nd Test Odds James Anderson can bully the tourists at Lords
- Surrey v Somerset T20 Odds Jason Roy is favourite to be top batsman again
- Sussex v Glamorgan T20 Odds Welsh side tipped for victory at Hove
- Sussex v Kent T20 Odds Luke Wright is favourite to be top batsman at Hove
- England v India 1st Test Odds James Anderson tipped to star with the ball at Trent Bridge
- Warwickshire v Nottinghamshire T20 Odds Alex Hales heads the top batsman betting