Australian Ashes Team 2013
The Australian team, who will be looking to win the Ashes back, will be captained by Michael Clarke. Australia's star batsman has been part of the set-up for some time now and he officially replaced Ponting as Test and ODI captain in 2011. Clarke had been the Twenty20 captain prior to that but he has quit the shortest form of the game to focus on his Test game, with revenge very much on his mind against England. Clarke has taken on a tough job after several high profile players retired but Australia have shown signs of improvement during the past 18 months and they will be hopeful of regaining that famous urn.
The Australians boast an impressive battery of fast bowlers who will be hoping to unleash havoc on the English batsman during the Ashes. The likes of Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, James Pattinson and Pat Cummins will be battling it out for a place in the starting XI and betting on who will be the top Australian bowler in the Ashes could be very interesting.
The batting line-up isn't quite as strong and Clarke is likely to be a short odds favourite in the top Australian batsman betting. Clarke will be a key wicket and the Australian captain will be hoping that David Warner can fire at the top of the order, while Ed Cowan provides some much needed solidity.
Australia Ashes Squad 2013
Michael Clarke (C), Brad Haddin (VC), Jackson Bird, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Ryan Harris, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Chris Rogers, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Shane Watson
- Nottinghamshire And Kent Tipped To Shine In The 2017 Royal London One Day Cup
- 2017 County Championship Betting Preview
- Mumbai Indians To Storm To Indian Premier League Glory
- Joe Root To Shine For England In The First ODI In Antigua
- Joe Root Odds On To Captain England To An Ashes Win
- Kohli V Jordan To Decide The Outcome Of India V England T20
- Indias Virat Kohli To Shine In The 2nd T20 Against England
- Golden Root To Get England Up For The Opening T20 In India
- Englands Joe Root To Make Another Half Century Against India